Guild:The Burning Legion
And finally they came to a twist in the landscape and left the cool, dark shadows of the valley wall. A wave of balmy air rushed over them like a summer zephyr forcing some to turn their heads as others cupped weary hands across tired brows, eager to still take in the sight that greeted them, their quest seemingly at its end.
The plain spread out before them, rolling clouds of dirt-grey steam billowing over the folds in the land, dissipating at its edge in thin tendrils like so many skeletal fingers clutching at the living. A tang of sulphur permeated through the atmosphere making the very air feel vital and alive. The whole scene spanned in a silver shroud of silence.
Rising impossibly in the midst of the swirling, misty mass sat the fabled Burning Peak, black and grim against its ashen surroundings. Great rivers of orange-red veins tattooed its slopes, the living fire disappearing into the plumes of steam that rushed like breakers from the mountain’s foot, only to be lost in the ebbing tide. And yet their eyes were drawn away from the imposing peak, towards the myriad shadows that seemed to walk and live and breathe the very fire of the mountain. Dark, human figures of power and strength, engulfed in the living raging flames, smothered in the swirling fog, yet oblivious to its blistering and choking effects, drawing energy, no, their very life-force from this furnace.
The youngest of the party opened his mouth and pointed, but the words would not come. The eldest placed a protective, all-knowing hand upon his shoulder, he hadn’t needed to articulate his question.
“And they, my son, the figures that walk amongst the flames, they are The Burning Legion.”
Recent guild events
Proposed Mission Statement (working paper)
- We are a fun loving group aiming to be a top 100 guild.
- This is our family. We welcome those who join and mourn those who leave.
- We accept fun players from L5.
- We lead our Guild by example for the betterment of the Guild.
- Above all we work as a team.
- With teamwork and determination we can all rise from beginners to champions.
- We respect and cherish our seniors for paving the way.
- We honour and respect the future of The Burning Legion.
How to select your equipment:
Each player needs to equip themselves. If you need help:
- Look at other players around you and see what they are wearing
- Ask for help from other guild Members - remember it is their advice you are requesting.
- Use a calculator to search its database try the Set Calculator
- Look in the Auction House - some very good deals can be done there.
There is a certain amount of equipment in the guild for the lower levels.Each player should select their own peripheral equipment to go with the sets.
- Have the equipment to do the job - aim for 1 Hit Kills.
- Use a set that gives Elite Hunter 100%
- For help on selecting additional try the: Set Calculator Bookmark this very good tool.
- Always use Potions and Buffs
- Train in areas suitable for your level - plan ahead to include the Quests.
- When moving arround use the "quick keys" w,d,x,a, r = repair, b = backpack
- Use the number Keys to kill creatures
- Kill every creature yielding the highest xp before moving on.
- Request or buy in the skills you don't have.
Deciding when to hunt
- Hunt to suit yourself the only constriction is the amount of Stamina. That topic I will try to deal with here.
- We are all given, for free, 50 stamina gain per hour up to a maximum of 500 at any one time.
- The Guild currently pays for an extra 15 stamina gain per hour.
- The Guild currently pays for an additionl 160 maximum for each and every member.
- After say 12 hours the stamina will be at it's max and any additional stamina gain will be lost (maxed out). For a new player with 500/550 or a bit more with the joining bonus, it would ideal to hunt say every 12 hours. Many players who have taken advantage of the Bonus pack have a Maximum Stamina of double this.
- Avoid leaving your stamina on Maximum. The 50 from HC and the 15 from the Guild you are given every hour is wasted.
- If you can only hunt once a day the best solution is to improve your character in Upgrade section to increase the maximum, or find a link for the excellent Bonus pack.
Upgrading your Character
- Any Upgrades to your Character are a once off expense from which you will reap a benefit from every day.
- If you have been given buffs make sure you burn as much stamina as you can.
- Upgrade your Maximum stamina when you can. It is a good use for surplus Gold see Gold Upgrades
- Upgrade your Stamina Gain when you can
- Increase your Back Pack size and Auction House slots
Allocation of skill points
- Try to avoid a shotgun approach to you skill allocation.
- Leave them unallocated 'till you know where to put them.
- Remember each skill you buff yourself, or another player, with will cost you stamina.
- Consider the following scenario: If you buff yourself with 10 buffs twice a day for a week you will use 1400 stamina minimum. So try not to cast Buffs on yourself.
- The wise player buys in their Buffs from a player outside the Guild
Potions - What, When and Where
- Take Potions for Skills:
- Use potions of a higher Level than the equivalant Buff
- Attribute enhansing potions for Skills:
- Equipment enhansing potions for Skills:
- Take Potions When:
- Every time you hunt
- The finances permit
- Use Potions before Buffs
- In the right order, Distil first
- Where to Find Potions:
- Composed Potions in the Store, they are free.
Where to get Buffs
- Buffs are obtainable through:-
- Guild Mates & Allies
- Shout Box “Adverts”
- Buff Market
- Make sure you have more than 75% of your max stamina.
- Ask for the buffs you want by PM, or apply on the Buff Market
- Skills are a very important aspect of the game they are used to weight the odds of every attack in favour of your character. It is wise to obtain the skill by a “Buff” from a more senior player or from taking a Potion. Both methods save your stamina for hunting.
- For understanding what Buffs do what it is necessary to see the Skills Guide.
Many sellers group their buffs together as a package.
The Guild Equipment and Guild Store:
There is no right to certain equipment by anyone other than the person who loaned it. The forging of equipment can be expensive and very often it is cheaper to buy in its perfect fully forged state from the AH. More on this subject later.
The Guild Store is small. Slots cost 50FSP as opposed to BackPack slots which cost 15FSP.
Please always leave one slot free in the Guild store.
We have ability to the see all the Guild Equipment, who has it and if it is equipped. Any player can access this using the link at the foot of the Guild/Manage screen.
We have many Legendary, Elite and Super Elite sets in the Guild. Mostly these are in use and can be viewed using the Store Report. We have tried to avoid many of the eight/nine piece sets due to the space required to store them. Also may of the pieces can be bought in the AH for very little.
There are too many set combinations to list here. To see what is available to use and as an aid to see what goes with what see the Set Calculator
Three piece sets are in the Guild must be used as sets. Please use them as such. If they are split the Enhancements are lost.