I would be very interested to hear your reasons for refusing to use the personal page the wiki automatically gives you. Also, I would like to inform you that while User:Crazyfury is a player profile page and the editing of it by others is generally discouraged, Crazyfury is not a player profile page and there is no reason for anyone not to edit it. This is because the wiki is set up with a built-in organization scheme utilizing what are called namespaces. These namespaces determine where pages belong in the overall scheme, how they are used, and also what options are available from that page. Some of these namespaces are Main (which is your generic content), User, and Template. What we are trying to do is move all the User pages to User where they should be.
There are several reasons why we have decided to move everyone's pages to their respective user pages:
- Despite there being an open discussion about this issue for the past few weeks, there has been little response or interest in the issue and no one provided any reasons against it.
- Users are not game content and should not be in the Main namespace.
- The wiki has provided you with your own private page. You should use it.
- People want to use Special:Randompage to go to real content pages, not user pages. Moving the pages to the proper namespace will solve this.
- The Main namespace should not contain private pages.
- Putting profile pages in the Main namespace makes it harder to see a user's contributions, and for sysop/admin purposes, harder to block, fix vandalism, and view logs for that user. These should not be hindered since it helps others judge the quality of a user's contributions to the wiki.
One thing we did decide to be lax about is redirecting from the Main namespace to the User namespace. This is because there is no side link to Special:Randomredirect so it would not be used as often. We may change this in the future.
Now that I've given you our reasons, I'd love to hear yours.