The information on this page is taken and or linked from the profile Belgrave. Please do not edit this page unless it is to correct spelling or formating errors
| Contributing +
| Belgrave's Basic Words of Wiki Wisdom
- The 'Show preview' button is your friend. You cannot use it often enough.
- Perfection takes time. It may look good today, but it still isn't perfect.
- If you cannot figure out how to do it today, try again a week from today.
- No matter what you do, it is highly unlikely that you will break the wiki.
- It is easier to start small and work bigger than starting big and working smaller.
| Things To Know
- The most basic thing to know is Wiki Markup.
- Advanced formatting uses HTML and CSS.
- You can link directly to the in-game images.
- Don't be afraid to ask another user for help.
- You are completely free to copy someone else's code.
(providing credit for that code is appreciated)
| Using Page Layouts
The easiest way to use the new page layouts is to copy the code into a text editor program and edit it there. With the game open in one window and the wiki page layout open in a window next to it, it is easy to flip from one to the other. I prefer to use Notepad.|
| Area Maps +
| Adding an area map does not have to be as hard as it looks and definitely does not require walking around an area and writing down all the map tile images. There is a much easier way:
- When you are in the area you want the map for, use the map quicklink button. Or press m on your keyboard.
- Right click and select 'View Page Source' from the menu.
- Select and copy everything between the <body> tags and paste it to your favorite text editor. (I use Notepad)
- Select everything between an image url and copy it.
- Go to the top and click Edit -> Replace.
- Paste the code into the 'Find what:' box and put | in the 'Replace with:' box.
- Click on 'Replace All'.
- Sit back and enjoy a drink or snack while the text editor works.
- When it is done, you can go through and clean up the code, add in the mapnotes, and put it into the Area's wiki page.
More hints and tips will be added as I have time.